Staff and Volunteers
Leaders in Training (LIT)
LIT stands for “Leaders In Training.” PCWC’s LIT program used to be a one-time training weekend for younger/newer volunteers to hone their leadership skills and join in as junior staff with PCWC. We’ve recently expanded the program in two ways:
(1) Instead of just one weekend, it is now a full year of discipleship. We spend three weekends together, as well as one Sunday afternoon per month. We also pair each LIT with a mentor, with whom they are also encouraged to meet monthly.
(2) LIT is no longer just for those involved with PCWC camps. Several of this year’s LITs are, or have been, involved with other camps.
The program runs from September to June, with the final event being the weekend of the PCWC Rodeo at Bar 71 Ranch in Debolt, where our LITs are helping out in many ways.
If you (or someone you know) between the ages of 16-20 might be interested to join the new LIT group starting this September, please fill out an application form and join us in experiencing opportunities for growth, fellowship, laughter, learning, and more. If you would like to know more about the program, please contact Brian & Tracy Burkhart via phone or email: Brian (587-298-9612), Tracy (587-298-9297), or email@example.com.
Fill out the Application Form below to sign up for LIT! Once completed, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for Camp
If you are interested in volunteering with PCWC, please contact us at email@example.com. It would be our pleasure to communicate with you further about potential volunteer opportunities.
Our Focus Statement
Peace Country Wilderness Camps provides campers with an atmosphere that challenges their personal growth and invites them to experience God in creation and to know Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject of God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace and unconditional love of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Statement Regarding Restructuring
Peace Country Wilderness Camps has a clear vision for sharing the gospel through wilderness camping. In pursuit of that vision, and considering future growth and development we have chosen to restructure Peace Country Wilderness Camps independent of Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada (IVCF). This allows increased opportunity to provide unique solutions to specific needs and challenges.
Our relationship with IVCF has spanned over 30 years. We are grateful for this rich heritage where we shared faith, vision, leaders, and resources. We recognize that the core values of IVCF are deeply imprinted on PCWC and we support their ministry.