Staff and Volunteers
Leaders in Training (LIT)
We are pleased to once again offer our Leaders in Training weekend for youth ages 16-18. Come hone your leadership skills and get a chance to be a junior staff member with PCWC! Our LIT retreat provides you with a time of growth, fellowship, laughter, learning and more.
This year, the retreat will take place on April 29th, 2022 beginning at 6pm (supper provided) until May 1st, 2022 ending at 3pm at the Camp Wapiti facilities. The total cost for the weekend is $50.00 and will cover all food and lodging expenses.
Fill out the Application Form below to sign up for LIT. Once completed, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for Camp
If you are interested in volunteering with PCWC, please contact us at email@example.com. It would be our pleasure to communicate with you further about potential volunteer opportunities.
Our Focus Statement
Peace Country Wilderness Camps provides campers with an atmosphere that challenges their personal growth and invites them to experience God in creation and to know Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject of God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace and unconditional love of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Statement Regarding Restructuring
Peace Country Wilderness Camps has a clear vision for sharing the gospel through wilderness camping. In pursuit of that vision, and considering future growth and development we have chosen to restructure Peace Country Wilderness Camps independent of Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada (IVCF). This allows increased opportunity to provide unique solutions to specific needs and challenges.
Our relationship with IVCF has spanned over 30 years. We are grateful for this rich heritage where we shared faith, vision, leaders, and resources. We recognize that the core values of IVCF are deeply imprinted on PCWC and we support their ministry.