Staff and Volunteers
Leaders in Training (LIT)
Submit the online form below to apply for LIT training in March, 2020. The training will take place from Friday evening (supper provided) on March 13th to Sunday, March 15th. Cost is $50 and covers all food and lodging.
Please read the Safe Place Policy before completing the online application.
Seeking Summer Staff for 2020
Every summer, PCWC hires two young adults to help coordinate and organize the gear, equipment and horses needed to run 10 camps. PCWC is a completely mobile camp, so it takes a lot of hard work to make sure that each week of camp has everything it needs to be successful. In fact, a large part of the success of the entire year is impacted by the efforts of our hired staff.
There are many unique ways in which these two staff get to be involved and interact with the numerous camps. There are times when they will be at camp with kids and having a blast. However, much of their time is spent behind the scenes getting each week’s equipment ready, caring for horses, and coordinating with directors. They are much like stage managers: behind the curtains of a large theatrical production and yet not on the center stage. Having said that, without them the whole show stands at risk of flopping.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for Camp 2020
To apply to be a volunteer, please fill out the form online. If you have any troubles with the online form, please contact us at (email@example.com). Please include two informal references we can contact.
Our Focus Statement
Peace Country Wilderness Camps provides campers with an atmosphere that challenges their personal growth and invites them to experience God in creation and to know Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject of God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace and unconditional love of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Statement Regarding Restructuring
Peace Country Wilderness Camps has a clear vision for sharing the gospel through wilderness camping. In pursuit of that vision, and considering future growth and development we have chosen to restructure Peace Country Wilderness Camps independent of Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada (IVCF). This allows increased opportunity to provide unique solutions to specific needs and challenges.
Our relationship with IVCF spans the past 30 years. We are grateful for this rich heritage where we shared faith, vision, leaders, and resources. We recognize that the core values of IVCF are deeply imprinted on PCWC and we support their ministry.